Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: wet passenger seat belt

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15th, 2005
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the REAL Northwest. No more of that fake sunlight. We have the real liquid stuff.

    Anyhoo, that liquid stuff found its way into the cabin somehow it would seem. I picked up my sister yesterday and she complained that the seat belt was wet. It wasn't wet...it was soaked.

    The normal door leaks have slowed to a drop hear and there but it I couldn't see any visible traces of where the water that is pooling on the belt is coming from. The rear window was cracked a bit but the storage bins weren't flooded or anything. I'm thinking the wind sails or panels or watchamacallits. Any input/ideas?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Geo VP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1,092
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, the drain that runs down from the trunk area dumps out right by the seat beat. I would believe the hole it's drains into is blocked and that's how the water is getting to the seat beat. You will probably have to take off the side skirt to unplug the drain hole (it's at the back about a foot from the rear tire well), watch it you have a lot of water sitting in there now.

    Also for anyones information I've been having some problems with getting online for a while now, just tonight got it fixed (I hope) with a new modem.

    Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

    banner38qx

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15th, 2005
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah...another inch or so and I won't have to worry about the drain as the water will come up to meet it and I can take the boat to work. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •